Albert Charron wrote:
Before I start, my system is running Mandrake 10.1 Official (download
edition) as the secondary OS, Windoze XP as the primary (both OS are on
different harddrive).

Recently, I had to change my sound card and the only one I could find
before Christmas was a SoundBlaster Live! 24 bits.  As Windows is
currently my main OS on this box, this card is really good (well...
Drivers are provided by Creative).  The main problem is from Linux.  My
sound card isn't recognized.  Well... Harddrake shows the card and state
that the chipset is AudigyLS.  Unfortunately, drivers for this chipset
aren't provided as-is with Mandrake.

I tried to download and compile the Alsa drivers, following the
indications on ALSA web site for this particular chipset, but the module
failed to load with the following error: "unknown symbol in module
snd-audigyls"

Someone on the list knows how to make this card work under Linux (this
issue is currently one of the last step for a full migration to Linux).
If you need more informations (like logs), I will provide what's needed
(I just don't know what to privide and how to obtain the info...)
Albert Charron

The Audigy LS works well with the drivers from opensound.com