On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 22:04:50 -0500
RickSisler disseminated the following:

> > Is that referring to the gamei386.so? Why would a Linux binary attempt to
> > load a
> > DLL?
>
> I just compiled it, and had no errors for mdk 10.10, kernel
> 2.6.8.1-12mdk with nvidia 6111 on a GeForce FX 5200.
>
> I also have these files in /home/ricks/.quake2/baseq2
>
> $> ls -l
> total 197420
> -rwx------   1 ricks ricks      3721 Dec 31 21:46 config.cfg*
> -rwx------   1 ricks ricks   1649882 Jun 26  2004 gamei386.so*
> -rwx------   1 ricks ricks   3282742 Jun 26  2004 maxpak.pak*
> -rwx------   1 ricks ricks 183997730 Nov 30  1997 pak0.pak*
> -rwx------   1 ricks ricks  12992754 Feb 12  1998 pak1.pak*
> drwx------  18 ricks ricks      4096 Jul  4 17:07 save/

That did it! For one thing, I forgot to copy the maxpak.pak file, and I had the
.so file off the root of quake2/, not in baseq2/.

Now I'll try that other package you linked me to and see if can get the mouse
working for the menu.

I had forgotten how much nicer Quake2Max is than the 'regular'. Many thanks
Rick!

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046 / www.freeyourmachine.org
10:53:04 up 41 days, 2:06, 7 users, load average: 0.08, 0.02, 0.01