JoeHill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've got a crappy old P3 and OO opens in 7 seconds...

What are the conditions for that? (IE: 1st time, already an Oo
instance open, etc) ?

mine is approximately:
24 seconds for the 1st time
15 for the 2nd (opening a different file after closing 1st)
6  when opening the 1st file again and leaving the 2nd one open

That's with the memory allocation turned up.  Waitaminute:  it's
back down to 9M.  I had it at 30.

Here's the nums with 30M:

?? seconds for the 1st time  (didn't reboot)
13 for the 2nd (opening a different file after closing 1st)
4  when opening the 1st file again and leaving the 2nd one open

Here's my computer specs.  Am i just suffering from to much fiber?
(the intel celery?)

Memory 256M

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 8
model name      : Celeron (Coppermine)
stepping        : 6
cpu MHz         : 797.669
cache size      : 128 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr
pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse bogomips        : 1581.05

eric

--
Mandrake HowTo's & More:          http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org