--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to install MythTV on my Mandrake 10.1
> setup and the following packages are prerequisites
> for
> that.
>
> freetype2-devel
> XFree86-devel
> qt-devel
> lame
>
> I am trying to install these packages using RPMdrake
> and I cannot find these packages listed there.
> (neither in the current list of installed packages
> nor
> in the list of available packages). I did a "rpm
> -qa"
> and did not see these packages installed.
>
> Where can I get these packages? Should I not be
> looking for them in RPMdrake?

Thanks for those who responded. I did some more
research on this and found that not all RPM packages
that are part of the 10.1 official release are in the
3 ISO CD images hosted on mandrakelinux.com (and the
mirrors). There are more packages (particularly the
*-devel packages) at
ftp://carroll.cac.psu.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrakelinux/official/10.1/i586/media/main

So I added this URL as an RPM source using
K->System->Configuration->Packaging->Software Media
Manager and now I could get these devel packages
listed under RPMdrake. I installed them successfully.

I could have done urpmi.addmedia but the GUI solution
also works.

As for the devel package names, XFree86-devel is no
longer needed (use xorg-x11-devel), freetype2-devel is
now libfreetype6-devel and qt-devel is actually
libqt3-devel.

Regards,
Magesh