On Monday 03 January 2005 01:55 pm, Paul wrote:

> browserPath="/usr/bin/mozilla-firefox"
> Fox="firefox"
> Client="mozilla-xremote-client"
> if [ "${1:0:1}" = "/" ]
> then url="file://"$@
> else url="$@"
> fi
>
> if [ $(ps aux | grep firefox | wc -l) -ge 4 ]; then
>         exec $browserPath$Client -a firefox openURL"($url,new-tab)"
> else
>         $browserPath$Fox $url
> fi
> exit

The browserPath is missing a terminating "/", it should be:

browserPath="/usr/bin/mozilla-firefox/"

For mozilla I have a more complex invoker named 'mozilla-session':

#!/bin/sh
if /usr/local/mozilla/mozilla -remote "ping()"
then
  if [ "$1" = "" ]
  then
    /usr/local/mozilla/mozilla -remote "xfeDoCommand(openBrowser)" &
  else
    /usr/local/mozilla/mozilla -remote "openURL($1,new-tab)" &
  fi
else
  /usr/local/mozilla/mozilla $@ &
fi
exit 0

(Sorry for the hard coded paths, I didn't expect to share it).

This opens links given on the command line as a new tab, starts a session if
none was running and starts a new browser window if a session is already
started and nothing is on the command line.

Now if I could just get rid of the blinky when starting from KDE