On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 11:55, julie wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 January 2005 10:59 am, Curt Tresenriter wrote:
> > On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 23:44:37 +0530
> >
> > Mrugesh Karnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > ::Does anyone know a software that can open ".cdr" files created by
> > ::CorelDRAW? I'm interested in printing them. Editing and all
>
> Curt responded
>
> > Maybe Scribus?
>
> Nope, I just tried with Scribus 1.2 (Aug 2004), it won't import the CDR
> format let alone open it. You might try Inkspace since CorelDraw produces
> vector images.
>
> Julie Owens, Portland, Oregon

Inkscape: No to open or import
Karbon14: No to open or import
OpenOfiice.org Drawing: Not sure, but looks to be no to open or import
Gimp: Nope, not there either...
Google: Nope...

Dunno about StarOffice, it has extra filters than OpenOffice, but the website
doesn't make it clear what.

Guess you'll need to find a Windows app to convert them to a Linux compatible
format, sorry.  Or you could track done a copy of the very very old and very
very bad CorelDraw for Linux (quote: "It's only good for converting .cdr
files to something usable").

John.

Forget that new hard drive, save some lives instead, donate to the Red Cross:
  USA:  https://www.redcross.org/donate/donation-form.asp
  UK:  https://www.donate.bt.com/bt_form_dec.htm
  Oz:  https://www.redcross.org.au/Donations/onlineTsunamiDonations.asp
  NZ:  https://www.banqonit.com/proxypage.aspx?boiid=205