-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Doug Boze
Sent: 18 November 1999 11:04
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] 128MB becomes 64MB when overclocked

Hi, folks.

I've got an Abit BP6 motherboard with two Celeron 466MHz processors and
128MB of PC133 ECC RAM. At normal clock speed, Linux reports 128MB RAM,
as expected. But when I started overclocking, Linux immediately
reported 64MB!

Currently running at 574MHz, nice and comfy, with Linux Mandrake 6.1,
kernel 2.2.13-7mdksmp, compiled #1 SMP Wed Sep 15 16:38:50 CEST 1999.

With version 6.0, I compiled (not entirely successfully) an SMP version
of the standard kernel. I seem to recall something about enabling
enhanced Real Time Clock support, due to the SMP. Right now I'm using
the installed SMP kernel.

Windoze reports 128MB at the same overclock, so I wonder if Linux is
relying on the bus speed? Currently it's 82MHz, instead of the standard
66MHz.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Doug