Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello,

I have just installed Mandrake Linux 10.1 from an FTP server because the system does not recognise my old Adaptec AHA-1510 SCSI, on which I have a Pioneer DVD SCSI DVD player.
The card is working fine under Windows 2000, with the following settings:
- IO: 0x340
- IRQ: 9
I have been looking for some information on the Internet and found some information about this subject, so I have already tried the following:
1. Reserve IRQ 9 for ISA non-PnP.

2. Put the following line into modprobe.conf:
install aha152x /sbin/modprobe aha152x io=0x340 irq=9; /bin/true

install scsi_hostadapter /sbin/modprobe aha152x io=0x340 irq-9; /bin/true

3. Enter the following as root: modprobe aha152x

modprobe scsi_hostadapter

The latter command does not complete, the system does not hang, and sadly the module is not loaded.

Can anyone help me with this?
I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Cheers, Laszlo

I think what is happening is that you created an endless loop. When you try and lood the aha152x module, it runs the command line in modules.conf, but part of that command line is to load the module, so it tries and run the command again, etc. I am not sure if my changes above will work, but I think they will. If not, let me know, and I will see if I can come up with the correct alias command to use... I have just started playing with the 2.6.x kernels, and the only one I have with a SCSI card uses a PCI card.

Mikkel

Hello, You are absolutely right. Thanks. Instead I had to put the following line into /etc/modprobe.conf:

options aha152x io=0x340 irq=9

and then modprobe loads the module without any problems. To load the module automatically at boot, I added aha152x to /etc/modprobe.preload.
Cheers, Laszlo