Hello,
I'm back to the list after not knowing why I didn't access to the list a
few months?!!
I have a new ACER Aspire 1680 notebook since 2 weeks and I installed MDK
10.1 community.
Of course I had Win XP installed on the machine and MDK installed lilo
to boot the system.
Then I decided to remove XP by erasing the HD by instqlling again MDK.
Now I have only linux on my toaster.
Question:
1.      do I still need lilo to start MDK since I don't use another system?
If not how do I remove lilo?

2.      When my computer starts I get an Acer page to access the BIOS (F2),
is it possible to remove that screen or not?

3. When MDK is loading and checking all the parameters it takes a long
time (I think it is after firewire control), is it the same for you
because MDK 9.1 was faster?

4. When I power down the notebook I have the finish by pressing the
button to turn of the machine. I know there is a trick around but I
forgot it.

Thanks for your help

CHristophe