Yes it is. I had the horrors that it mightn't when you said that though :)
> Some laptops don't really follow the acpi standard, so suspend and stanby
> really don't work properly.
>
> cpufreqd is another app that works with acpi to slow down your processor
> when it is on battery or idle.
I get this
[EMAIL PROTECTED] unholy]# service cpufreq start
Probing cpufreq modules :                                       [FAILED]

> > And the klaptopbattery is not shown in the
> > system tray, even though that option is checked in the config for the
> > application.
>
> Hmmm. It is working here.  Did you do service acpid start after installing
> the new packages?
I'm sorry, the icon changes when you connect the mains and I thought the icon
dissapeared.

>Check in teh MCC/System/Services that they are set to run at boot.  You also
>need to check dmesg after rebooting to check that acpi was enabled at boot,
>if dmesg reports that it was disabled due to some reason, then using the
>acpi=force option will make it load.
dmesg just says that cpufreq will be deprecated from 2.6.8 but aside from that
no other messages so I guess it works?