On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 10:15:12 +0100, Martin Hardie wrote:

> I want to copy from pdf files ... i recall that in Abode Acrobat I could do
> this sometimes but with KGhostView I cannot at all. Are there and pdf
> programs out there that let me copy and paste into other formats or is there
> a way to save as into another format?

KWord will import PDF files. It does a fairly nice job of it, but
if the file is very large, import one page at a time for the best
results. Also, read the man page (and other documentation) for xpdf
-- it allows for selecting blocks of text from PDF files. It also
comes with a number of utilities for extracting the pieces of PDF
files (e.g., fonts and graphics, in particular). I use its
pdfimages for extracting the graphics, and it does a great job.

deedee

Registered Linux User #327485
Visit "WordStar & GNU/Linux"
http://www.wordstar2.com
Also, see WordStar Users Group Community
http://www.wordstar2.com/WordStar_Users/index.php