On Saturday 08 January 2005 19:01, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 06 Jan 2005 23:48, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> > On Thursday 06 January 2005 20:48, Anne Wilson wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > > For some strange reason I can't type *anything* into a
> > > konqueror address line under 3.2.3.  Is this a problem of my
> > > system, or do others have the same problem?
> >
> > </snip>
> >
> > No.  I can type anything in K's address line (3.2.3 here).
> >
> > Kaj Haulrich.
>
> Hi, Kaj.  I've been away for a couple of days, so the box has
> been off.  I now find that not only can I not type anything into
> konq's bar, but I can't type anything into a console either, and
> MCC won't start.  Something must have been damaged/locked due to
> the repeated crashes, but without even a console I don't know how
> to trace it.  I could do with all the help I can get on this one.
>
> Anne

Welcome back, Anne.  First thing I would do : boot your install CD
into rescue mode, mount your hd and go to /home/Anne.  Rename your
entire .kde directory, unmount and remove the CD and boot as usual.
You should now have a "clean" (default) kde environment.

Then, copy important files (like .mail) from the renamed .kde_old
directory back to the new one.

If that doesn't fix the konsole problem, what happens when you do
<Ctrl><Alt><F1> ?

Can you load other environments like Gnome or Fluxbox ?

Kaj Haulrich.
--
*sent from a 100% Microsoft-free workstation*
         * http://haulrich.net *