Satyajit Das wrote:

> Hi benjamin, thanks to purchased mandrake powerpack. Yes you get 6 CD's.
> One for
> installation, 2 for Application program including demos and all source.
> Yes you find StarOffice 5.1 alongwith key number, please regist. SO 5.1 by
> online
> for use unlimited times.
> you may also get help directly from L-mandrake by online or telephone.
>
> thanks
> satyajit
>
> Benjamin wrote:
>
> > Dear friends:
> >
> > I just purchased the Mandrake 6.1 PowerPack this afternoon (from
> > LinuxMall). I won't be getting it till Wednesday.
> >
> > Just curious:
> >
> > Mandrake says on their web page that the PowerPack includes the
> > installation CD, 1,800 rpms and a third CD with commercial applications
> > (plus a CD for the source code for each of the above, making for a total
> > of 6 CD's).
> >
> > Does the CD with commercial applications include any that are not
> > normally available on the Net or at www. freshmeat.net or elsewhere? And
> > are they demos, shareware or what? And is StarOffice 5.1 included?
> >
> > Thank you so much.
> >
> > Benjamin
> >
> > --
> > Benjamin and Anna Sher
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Sher's Russian Web
> > http://www.websher.net

Hello Benjamin,

I wish you better luck in registering SO5.1 than I have had.  Online
registration would not work for me.  Star Division replied to my
complaint that they wish everyone would download SO5.1a from Sun because
it does not require registration and is the only version that will be
supported in future.  If you insist they will give you a company
registration method and number for SO5.1 which will give you unlimited
use, but from then on you will be on your own - no patches or upgrades.
You can download SO5.1a if you have the time and patience or buy it for
$9.95.  I am going to wait until I can get it on a magazine cover disk
as I did with SO5.1 (Sun version) for Windoze.  Maybe your experience
will be different - I hope so.

Regards.
--
Dennis Robertson  2/2 Sylvia Street, NOOSAVILLE, QLD, 4566, AUSTRALIA
Phone: 61 7 54742343  Mobile: 0419 535539  Fax: Phone first.