> Any camera that uses the "USB Mass Storage" protocol is absolutely
> the way to go.  Stay away (far-far away) from any other protocol.
> USB Mass Storage will be recognized as any other usb drive when
> you plug the camera into your Linux box, and probably you will get
> an icon popping up for it on the desktop.

But i case you end up with one like mine, i have some easy scripts
that, now that i have used them for awhile, i actually prefer.

I don't use any photo album software: i just organize them myself.
Then i use gqview (or maybe xnview) to view them.

The other feature i never used was deleting individual pics from the
camera, so keep that in mind.

It works out very well (for me).

eric

--