Rodolfo Medina wrote:

>I understand that giving as root a command like
>
>urpmi.addmedia thac http://rpm.nyvalls.se/10.1/RPMS/ with ./hdlist.cz
>
>, an urpmi repository will be set up in my system,
>and after that the urpmf command will hopefully be able to find, e.g.,
>that the gconf-2.0.pc subpackage belongs to the libGConf2_4-devel
>superpackage. Is that right?
>Now, instead of using this 'urpmi.addmedia' command,
>is maybe there a web site with a search field where I can type
>'gconf-2.0.pc' and get 'libGConf2_4-devel' as search result?
>I couldn't perform such a search neither at
>http://urpmi-addmedia.org
>nor at
>www.eslrahc.com
>, and not even simply using google.

SnapafunFrank replied:

>You usually find these things on the like of www.rpmfind.net or
>www.rpm.pbone.net that also have their own search tools.
>
>I just did a search on www.rpm.pbone.net for  " gconf-2.0.pc " and the
>very first item of three pages was in fact " libGConf2_4-devel "

Thanks indeed, Snapafun, that's the sort of thing I was meaning.
The right address is: 'http://rpm.pbone.net'.
Please, if you have or will find out any other similar web site,
let me know straight away, will you?

Thanks, and cheers,
Rodolfo

Libero ADSL: 3 mesi gratis e navighi a 1.2 Mega. E poi hai l'Adsl senza limiti
a meno di 1 euro al giorno.
Abbonati subito senza costi di attivazione su http://www.libero.it