On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:11:20 -0400, Ronald Haynes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi, I am pretty new to burning CD's.  I was wondering if there is a way
to use k3b (or some other tool) to append files to a cd-rw.  I thought
this would be easy, but if

I drag and drop a new file onto a cd-rw it wants to erase the disk
first.

Any suggestions?

I'm sort of wondering out loud but isn't what you are asking to do called packet writing? With that you can use a CD like a hard drive and add files unto you close or finalize the disk.

If that's the case, I'm not sure how well that's supported under linux. I installed something called UDF Tools but I've never been able to figure out what to do with it. I'm pretty sure I remember someone posting saying the same thing and I don't recall them getting an informative response on how to use UDF Tools.

Eric Jackson

Thanks,

R Haynes

Dr. Ronald Haynes