On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:50, M.Schild wrote:
> I run Mk 10 with an old printer HP Deskjet 690 that seems to have mecanical
> problems. I am looking for a easy to install, no problem printer
> with/without scanner. It doesn´t have to offer pro performance. as long as
> it installs easily.
> Any suggestions? What do I have to avoid?
> TIA
> Maryse

Short answer: HP or Epson, per your personal preference, as they have the best
Linux support.  Avoid Canon and Lexmark, as they have terrible support for
Linux.

To check how well a printer is supported under Linux, visit:
http://www.linuxprinting.org/

If you're looking for a multi-function printer/scanner, I can vouch for the HP
PSC series.

John.

Forget that new hard drive, save some lives instead, donate to the Red Cross:
  USA:  https://www.redcross.org/donate/donation-form.asp
  UK:  https://www.donate.bt.com/bt_form_dec.htm
  Oz:  https://www.redcross.org.au/Donations/onlineTsunamiDonations.asp
  NZ:  https://www.banqonit.com/proxypage.aspx?boiid=205