On Wednesday 12 January 2005 05:10 am, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 Jan 2005 23:28, Dennis Myers wrote:
> > I did some updates for bugs and security and now I can not print from
> > konqueror or kmail. The error message is:
> > A print error occurred. Error message received from system:
> >
> > Error while reading filter description for true. Empty command line
> > received.
> >
> > Has anyone an idea where this filter description is and what the empty
> > command line should be? TIA
>
> This has been an annoyance for ages, but it's nothing more than an
> annoyance once you know what's happening. For some reason printing (I think
> it's kprinter that does it) can leave behind a filter that should be
> removed, IMO. Anyway, the cure is to open the property box beside the bar
> that shows your printer name - the one that shows all details about printer
> setup - and there should be a tab (rightmost on mine) for filters.  Delete
> the filter there, and it will print again.  Of course it will happen
> frequently - at least it does if I use kprinter, which is the default for
> kde apps.  Setting Mozilla to print through xpp gives me access to the
> printers without leaving the filter behind.  HTH
>
> Anne
Thanks for the reply Anne. I did not find any filters there. However, once I
set up HPwebjet  again (it also disappeared when I updated) the whole set up
works again. So I conclude that there is another filter somewhere having to
do with the Hpwebjet program. I am still looking. I will note your solution
for future reference. Thanks again
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842