On Thursday 13 January 2005 03:23, Andy Yankovich wrote:
> Hi all,
> Is there a difference in *disk content* between the six-disk-only
> for $12.99 (online over web) and the MandrakeStore package for
> $84.00 other than hard copy manuals?
>
> If not, do I need the $84.00 version to use Mandrakeonline?
>
> Are there other benefits to buy the $84.00 full package from
> MandrakeStore?
>
> Thanks for your help.
> Andy

As far as I can tell you've bought your CDs from one of the numerous
resellers, like cheapbytes - not from Mandrakesoft.  That's
perfectly OK , only I don't understand how they can provide the
commercial stuff - included in the Mandrakesoft version - like
Acrobat Reader, RealPlayer etc....

Otherwise, there's no difference, and the Manuals are on the CDs.

BUT..... consider this :  By setting yourself short $12.99 you've
got software worth thousands of $$ if you had to get it on a
certain, inferior operating system.  You've got a full-fledged
Office suite, Web browsers, Mailers, servers, multimedia,
development environments, about 40 languages etc... etc...
And the list goes on and on....

SO : Consider yourself lucky, install your brand new OS and - if you
like to look at youself in the mirror - sign up as a Mandrake Club
member.  That way you'll become a respected member of the community
and a supporter of Open Source.

Kaj Haulrich.
--
*sent from a 100% Microsoft-free workstation*
         * http://haulrich.net *