Stephen Kühn wrote:

No wireless providers for your bush area? Satellite? Might be worth
lookin into...I have a mate in Parkes that had to end up getting
ISDN...which ain't great, but it works...

I suppose what I really mean is I'm too cheap to use the broadband that is available. ISDN is available as I live within the town, it is competitively priced IF you already rent a second line for the internet. But we only use one phone line so ISDN would approximately double our phone/internet costs (the wife would kill me). Satellite is available (I'm the computer dude at RetraVision and we have it here at work) but the setup and ongoing costs are more than I can justify as a home user. So I've resigned myself to doing my big downloads at work and using email and simple browsing at home.....maybe I should run some cat5 from work to home - they're only 700m apart :)