On Saturday 15 January 2005 10:47 am, Russ Kepler wrote:

> The normal 'trick' is to force the psmouse module to use one simple config
> for the mouse, but with the new kernel the old psmouse module is not
> present. Anyone know why the psmouse module is missing?

Answered my own question by looking at the kernel config - psmouse is
configured into the kernel instead of being a module (duh, and I was just
getting used to the module business.)  Anyway, adding
append="psmouse.proto=imps" to the /etc/lilo.conf (and remembering to reload
the changed params) and it's back up and running.