> What does the label say on those CDs?
> If they are 10.1 Community Edition it may be worth upgrading. Since I am
> still using 9.2 I'll let others tell you how worthwhile it is.

Be very careful upgrading from 9.X to 10.x. There is some hardware that 9.X
will configure and 10.X will into spasms with, in particular IBM Thinkpads.

Also consider that for some hardware notably IBM Thinkpads you can install the
DVD version and apparently the CD version. The apparent comes from the fact
that the CD/DVD reader used in Thinkpads only reads 99.9% of any given
Mandrake CD correct which is enough most times for Mandrake to install and
run but NOT run correct. An issue that is guaranteed to drive you nuts trying
to figure out what is wrong.

The issue with trying to install 10.X DVD in Thinkpads is that there is
apparently some screwup in driver selection so an error message appears
saying place 'Auxiliary Driver Floppie' in floppy drive. These 'Auxiliary
Drivers' are located on the DVD and must be coppied to a NEW floppie which
will accept 1.72 MB of data by the dd comand. If you attempt to use old
floppies which would not accept 1.72 MB of data the drivers will NOT work.
The assumption here is that you have a floppy and a DVD drive and a DVD
drive. If you do NOT have BOTH then use some other method for installation.

Frank