Rhein Christophe wrote:

John Layt wrote:

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 07:38, Rhein Christophe wrote:

Hello,
I have still the same problem watching DVDs other then type 2 PAL on my
Acer Aspire 1680 with DVD combo burner.
I have now Kaffeine, Xine, MPlayer, Totem installed and none is working.
I installed libdvdcss2 on the notebook but nothing happenes. Where
should I install this package because when I urpmi it I can't find it
after. Is there a setting to do in the xine software?
I need to use some movies for my job and I don't want to have to install
windob.
Thank you
Christophe

I'm assuming you have libdvdcss installed from PLF, or did you compile it yourself? If you compiled it yourself, where did it get installed? It may not be on your lib path. If so, I recommend installing from the PLF instead, at http://plf.zarb.org/, you can configure a urpmi source for it at http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/.

If you used PLF, do you also have all the PLF versions of Xine & MPlayer installed? Here's what I have installed (not all are needed for DVD's, but it means you get most Win formats supported as well):
libdvdcontrol - from plf
libdvdcss2 - from plf
libdvdnav4 - from mdk
libdvdplay - from mdk
libdvdread - from mdk
libcss - from plf
libxine1 - from plf
mplayer - from plf
mplayer-gui - from plf
real-codecs - from plf
xine-arts - from plf
xine-faad - from plf
xine-flac - from plf
xine-plugins - from plf
xine-ui - from mdk
xine-vcdx - from mdk
xine-win32 - from plf
win32-codecs - from plf
xanim-codecs - from plf

I think that about covers it :-)

John.

Ok I installed all the packages and still I get the error message. How can I know where the libdvdcss2 is installed on my machine?
Where should it be locateted?
Thank you
Christophe

hope thi helps...

i use the rpms provided by this site: http://cambuca.ldhs.cetuc.puc-rio.br/xine/. They work pretty good on my system which is mdk10.1. Oh if you aree going to try them, remove all other versions of xine if possible; if not possible just force the install to replace any files that conflict with those provided by the rpms.

let me know how it turns out

Charles