On January 16, 2005 12:08 pm, Martin Hardie wrote:

> > > this is what happens .... there is an apparent attempt to open
> > > and then nothing
> > >
> > >  $ kword
> > > koffice (lib kofficecore): WARNING: /usr/lib/libkofficeui.so.2:
> > > undefined symbol:
> > > _ZN9KIconView22contentsDragEnterEventEP15QDragEnterEvent
> >
> > Sounds like missing libraries.  When you say you downloaded it,
> > where from? Did you use urpmi or Software Installer to install it,
> > or some other method?
> >
> > Anne
>
> i used urpmi and got all the dependencies it wanted. But i suppose i
> could just uninstall and try again

What you can do with Mandrake control center is open the software
install program and do a search.  In the drop down menu select "in
file name" then type in libkofficeui.so.2  and it should tell you what
package has that particular file in it.
for me it was "libkoffice2-progs"
HTH

Regards,
Dan Gordon
--
Sun Jan 16 13:17:00 EST 2005
 13:17:00 up 1 day, 17:05,  1 user,  load average: 0.12, 0.12, 0.09