Martell, Larry wrote:
Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

Martell, Larry wrote:
Anyway, here's my question: If I want to send data out a
serial port, I can just do "cat file > /dev/ttya". How can I do
the same thing with a USB port? I don't see any entries in
/dev that look like the USB ports.

It depends on how you have the system set up to handle USB devices. If you have the USB file system enabled, (default?) then look in /dev/usb/ for the entries. If you are not using the USB file system, then look for /dev/usbtty* or /dev/USBtty* or something like that. It has been a while, and I don't remember the exact format.

There are no entries of any kind in my /dev that look like /dev/[Uu]*
-larry

Is there a /dev/usb directory? If not, look for /dev/ttyUSB0, /dev/USB1, etc. (I had to check to find a machine that wasn't running the USB file system.) Check the devices.txt file in the kernel documentation for mor information on device names...

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!