Derek Jennings wrote:

Personally I only define the official update mirror as an update source because I have a cron job to automatically install updates, and I do not want to automatically install anything other than official updates.

A simple way to check for updates to PLF and other sources is to use the Software Install GUI. Click on the 'Update Media' button to refresh the list of packages in all the sources, and then filter on 'All packages : By update availability'
You will then see what updates are available from PLF and can choose whether to install them'

Fantastic... just what I was looking for. I didn't know that option was there!

I'll not be adding the update source as you suggested, seeing what gets listed this way, the various other packages that I don't want showing up in Updates.

Thanks again,
Rick