The package urpmi selected was simply called oooqs. However, I remember I also updated kaffeine (and hence xine & libs). So I assume there is a conflict. I have just tried installing from the generic installer at openoffice.org but the setup program will not run properly. I get the progress bar but thats it.

Jarlath

as far as I've googled, your best bet is to remove oooqs before you do anything else. I guess you wanted a faster startup on OO, but I guess a working OO is better than your current situation.

charles