I looked at the urpmi page in the TWiki, and saw that it should be possible to copy the install disks to my hard drive and make urpmi look there instead of asking for the CDs. But I cannot follow the directions as written.

1. The directions state that I should copy the /base and /Mandrake directories from CD1. But I do not see either of these directories on any of my CDs. I have the 6 CD set as a Mandrake club member.

2. I did copy, I think, the 6 CDs to my hard drive. I say "I think" because while the first one took a while to copy, the others went very quickly, which makes me think that something may not be right. I looked inside each directory, and saw that RPMs are listed as being there, but I don't see how a whole CD can be copied in like 10 seconds.

3. If I don't have a /base or /Mandrake directory, can I configure urpmi to work with the CD copies on my hard drive?

Thank you,

--
Kevin B. O'Brien TANSTAAFL
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Linux User #333216