Kaj Haulrich wrote:

On Sunday 23 January 2005 22:14, teguh wrote:

Hello guys,
First of all.....I'm completely newbie in Linux so I need your
help. 1.how to connect to internet using Linux (Mandrake 10.0)?
2.My printer(Epson LX 300) can not print?

Welcome teguh....

First : In order for us to help you, please give a lot more info, like :

Type of conncection (dial-up, DSL, wireless, LAN, direct etc..)
Type of interface (Ethernet, USB, etc.. ?)
Graphical interface (KDE, Gnome, ICEwm, Fluxbox, XFCE etc...)
How did you install ( normally you set up the connection during install)
What did your ISP tell you about IP (static/dynamic) and DNS ?

Then - please return on another thread with your printer problem.

This way we _may_ be able to help you.

Kaj Haulrich.

Type of conncection (dial-up, DSL, wireless, LAN, direct etc..)

I use dial-up connection (Kppp) but the answer always /"modem does not respond"./ with XP I had no problem.

Graphical interface (KDE, Gnome, ICEwm, Fluxbox, XFCE etc...)

I'm not sure......KDE I guess :-) how can I find I use what

How did you install ( normally you set up the connection during install)

yes....I set up the connection during install.