On Wednesday 26 Jan 2005 22:48, Derek Jennings wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 January 2005 22:43, Ian wrote:
> > Since the list is convinced that Home is better if it is in a separate
> > partition, what is the best and easiest way to accomplish this. At
> > present, Home is in the same partition as the rest of the distro
> > (standard install). How do I ensure if I move the contents of Home to a
> > new partition that all links will change?
>
> The easy way is simply to define your new /home partition with Mandrake
> Control Centre.
>
> It will recognise that there are already files in /home on the old
> partition and will offer to copy them to the new partition for you.

I take it, the part that allows me to specify where home is in System/Users
and groups? I'd really hate to screw up what is an extremely stable setup :-)
But Mandrake will move release new distros and I'd also hate to make an
install harder.......or even worse, lose all the data accumulated
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]