>>just bought an epson stylus color 740 printer that i would like to
getworking under linux 6.1. I used printtool hit the add button. It said it
found a device at lp0. I hit the select button and choose the epson one (i
think it is the last one that says epson color). In that category, there is no
740, only a 600 inkjet and a 800 inkjet. I first choes 800, hit ok, and then
tried to print a test page in all three formats and nothing happened. Same
thing when i chose the 600. Any suggestions?<<

My 440 is running perfectly well under Linux. I just set it up as Epson Stylus
Colour and 360dpi on initial set-up.

John the Nadger