----- Original Message -----
From: "Aidan Holmes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Newbie List" <newbie@linux-mandrake.com>
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 4:06 AM
Subject: [newbie] any PDA users out there?

> Hi all,
> am considering purchasing a PDA, I've googled on the topic and I fast
> becoming confused with all the information out there - some of which is
> grossly outdated so I'm not sure what to trust. What I really need is a
> testimony from someone that has one...
>
> Does anyone on the list use a PDA?
> if so have you been able to install a distro such as familiar on it?
> Whether using a linux distro or its original OS, how well does it and
> the apps integrate with mandrake? (eg - PIM's)
>
> I feel comfortable with 'Palm' but would prefer to dual boot an iPaq if
> possible. (I believe there is flight management/recording software
> available for glider pilots on the iPaq so this would be a bonus). I see
> Mandrake includes Kpilot which looks to work with the Palm - is there
> anything similar for the iPaq?
>
> Sorry for asking so many questions - any feedback would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks, Aidan.

Whilst not actually answering your question this
http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/modules.php?name=Forums may be somewhere to
start.  It in fact deals with GPS systems but there are write ups on various
models and your glider package may be mentioned.

However most of these run Windows 2002/3 PPC I do not recall anyone using a
Linux setup anuless it has been installed under another name.

Good luck.

----