et wrote:
On Monday 31 January 2005 09:46 am, Julie Sloan wrote:

Hi teguh - - here is the external modem I bought last summer; it works
well for me:

http://www.bestdata.com/product.asp?pid=41&catID=4

I think I have the same setup as you - - dual booting Mandrake-10.0 and
WinXP.

The call-waiting feature only works on the Winduh side though.  :(

call witing features of the modem are something setup with the init string you send the modem just before calling. copy the init string you use in winders, and/or look through the book that came with your modem. you can set the same init string in the setup of kppp..

Sorry - where do you suggest I should begin looking for the init string? (Having call waiting would be so cool.) Got no book with it, just a slim paper folder and that tells next to nothing... there should be an install CD here somewhere... ewww eww ick ick cobwebs... not there... got discs for everything else...

Julie