Brought myself a Linksys WAG54G Gateway/Router and having got the info I need from my ISP decided to give it a go.

Basically I get " Page not available - or some such " when within Mozilla I go for the 192.168.1.1 address.

Here's what I've done to date.

Using MCC>Hardware>Hardware>Ethernetcard>RTL-8139>Run config tool>ADSL Connection ..... I'll stop there because I think something is missing at about this point. [ The dialogue's do take me through to the " Congratulation " screen, by the way. ]

The things MCC offers me are all ADSL stuff that I thought I would need to configure from within the ADSL unit itself - so when did I configure the Ethernet card itself? I remember trying to once before but MCC went on about being sure it was connected to something first?

So right now, I am unable to access the ADSL modem - I have the ADSL manual all printed out and ready to 'Rock'n'Roll' , so any suggestions on how to get there would be appreciated.

Running Mandrake 10.0 Official, Linux-2.6.3-7, - er... Shorewall is running at present?
I have tried with option addresses and without, deleted all connections and did things over - got no idea what it is I'm missing.

# lspci
<SNIP>
00:0e.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ (rev 10)
</SNIP>

My Windows option is WinME and though I have it working OK, it also failed on this same point.

--
Newbie Seeking USER_FUNCTIONALITY always!

Regards

SnapafunFrank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213