Hugh Crissman wrote:
I have searched high and low but can't find the command to refresh my dhcp configured ip address. Often I find myself moving from one network to the next and I don't want to reboot my laptop every time I want to acquire a new ip on the new network. What shell command will do this for me?

Thanks,

H. Crissman

Hugh, you can always use this command

"service network restart" to refresh your network settings.

I can only surmise that you're leaving the laptop running while moving from one location or network to another.

Enjoy.

--
Lanman
Registered Linux User #190712