On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 13:39:29 +0000
Anne Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sunday 30 Jan 2005 16:58, JR wrote:
> > Would someone clarify this for me please?
> >
> > "If you use Reply but change the subject, you are hijacking."
> >
> > Does this mean if you change the 'subject' field, or the topic
> > of the thread? Reading it, it would seem to mean the former. But
> > common sense tells me the latter.

> If you use Reply to get up a form, then erase the subject and type
> in something different, you are hijacking.

What Anne said is correct, and is what the etiquette page
refers to.

Just to prevent future confusion, i'll add a little to it.

We often do call it a hijack if you change the topic during a
thread even if you don't change the subject.  Usually it's a case of
going off on a tangent.  Sometimes people will realize it and add
HIJACK to the subject line, but i've never seen a "ruling" on that.

Like i said though, what Anne said is really the answer to your
question.

eric

--
Mandrake HowTo's & More:          http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org