On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 17:07, Miark wrote:
> If I pause video using mplayer and take a screenshot,
> the video still is replaced with solid blue. Is there
> a way around this?
>
> Miark

That's because the default X video driver XV uses something called screen
overlay which you cn't catch in a screenshot, but I won't go into details
here (too many red wines :-).

You need to use a player like Kaffeine which has a screenshot function (in
Kaffeine either File/Save-As or just ctrl-s).  Alternatively, in Mplayer
Preferences, under Video, change the driver from xv to x11 or xvidix and try
again, the video quality may be worse though.

John.

Forget that new hard drive, save some lives instead, donate to the Red Cross:
  USA:  https://www.redcross.org/donate/donation-form.asp
  UK:  https://www.donate.bt.com/bt_form_dec.htm
  Oz:  https://www.redcross.org.au/Donations/onlineTsunamiDonations.asp
  NZ:  https://www.banqonit.com/proxypage.aspx?boiid=205