hi. we're having problems with disconnecting a telnet
connection. we have this custom-made shell that is run
(this is run in /etc/passwd) everytime a successful
telnet login occurs. but when we forcefully disconnect
the telnet connection (forcefully as in not typing
'exit' in the command line) we notice that our shell
is still running (typing 'ps ax' will show this) and
that the shell's vmsize is increasing. after a few
minutes the system would gradually slow down until it
hangs. In this system we're using xinetd. we've tested
our shell on another system using inetd, and the
telnet and the shell disconnected cleanly. any ideas
on how to resolve this issue? thanks