Bryan Phinney wrote:

Edit /etc/modprobe.preload and add the following line:

nvidia

Now, simply issue the following command as root:
modprobe nvidia

then start X and the nvidia driver should be loaded and active. Or you can use the RPM's and that line should be added by them.

Hello
Thanks for the responses. The modprobe had nvidia listed. I loaded the nvidia kernel rpm and made sure that the xorg.conf file had the driver listed as nvidia instead of "nv". "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libglx.so" was also listed in place of the load "glx" fille. When I rebooted, the white nvidia screen came up and everything loaded ok. Again thanks for the help.
John