On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 11:39:20 +1300
Rosemary McGillicuddy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> During the install is it quite safe to allow the windows boot
> loader to  be overwritten with GRUB or LILO?
>
> When I tried Linux a few years ago I had some problems with boot
> loader  and ended having to do fresh install of windows.
> Thanks
> Rosemary

should not be a problem, if you need to restore it back to win for
some reason, something like a "fdisk /mbr" or something like that
could be run from a win boot disk which would reload the Master Boot
Record or mbr which windows uses.  No fresh install of windows would
be needed either.

if you don't feel comfortable doing that, you could always save the
bootloader to a floppy to avoid overwriting your mbr.

--
Linux user #280097
http://counter.li.org