A lecturer, when  explaining stress management to an audience, raised a glass
of water and asked,  "how heavy is this glass of water?"

Answers called  out ranged from 20g to 500g. The lecturer replied, "The
absolute weight doesn't  matter. It depends on how long you try to hold it."

"If I hold it for  a minute, that's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour,
I'll have an ache in  my right arm. If I hold it for a day, you'll have to
call an ambulance. "In each  case, it's the same weight, but the longer I
hold it, the heavier it  becomes."

He continued,  "And that's the way it is with stress management. If we carry
our burdens all  the time, sooner or later, as the burden becomes
increasingly heavy, we won't be  able to carry on." "As with the glass of
water, you have to put it down for a  while and rest before holding it again.
When we're refreshed, we can carry on with the  burden."

"So, before you  return home tonight, put the burden of work down. Don't carry
it home. You can  pick it up tomorrow. Whatever burdens you're carrying now,
let them down for a  moment if you can." "Relax; pick them up later after
you've rested. Life is  short. Enjoy it!

And then he  shared some ways of dealing with the burdens of  life:

Accept that  some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.

Always keep  your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

Always read  stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of
it.

Drive  carefully. It's not only cars that can be recalled by their  maker.

If you can't be  kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

If you lend  someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably
worth  it.

It may be that  your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to
others.

Never buy a car  you can't push.

Never put both  feet in your mouth at the same time, because then  you won't
have a leg to stand  on.

Nobody cares if  you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.

Since it's the  early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep  late.

The second  mouse gets the cheese.

When  everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong  lane.

Birthdays are  good for you. The more you have, the longer you live.

You may be only  one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one
person.

Some mistakes  are too much fun to only make once.

We could learn  a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some
are dull. Some have  weird names, and all are different colours, but they all
have to live in the  same box.

A truly happy  person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a  detour.

Have an awesome  day and know that someone has thought about you
today..........I  did.
--
Registered Linux User:- 329524

This email is guaranteed to be Wholly Linux Mandrake 10, KMail 1.6.1, Lyx
Version 1.3.3, OpenOffice.org1.1

If you want to know Mandrake more intimately - look here:-)
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org