On Wednesday 09 February 2005 05:57 pm, Simon wrote:
> Hi, I am on Mdk 10.1 and had got Amarok running OK. But after trying out
> Xmms and installing and uninstalling other sound programs I can't get
> Amarok to run.
> This is the output from a terminal:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] simon]$ amarok
> [amaroK loader] connecting
> to /home/simon/.kde/socket-x1-6-00-50-8d-e1-0b-3e/amarok.loader_socket
> [amaroK loader] amaroK not running. Trying to start it..
> amarok: [PluginManager] Plugin trader constraint:
> [X-KDE-amaroK-framework-version] == 3 and [X-KDE-amaroK-plugintype] ==
> 'engine' and [X-KDE-amaroK-name] == 'void-engine' and [X-KDE-amaroK-rank] >
> 0 amarok: [PluginManager] Trying to load: libamarok_void-engine_plugin
> amarok:
> amarok: PluginManager Service Info:
> amarok: ---------------------------
> amarok: name                          : <no engine>
> amarok: library                       : libamarok_void-engine_plugin
> amarok: desktopEntryPath              : amarok_void-engine_plugin.desktop
> amarok: X-KDE-amaroK-plugintype       : engine
> amarok: X-KDE-amaroK-name             : void-engine
> amarok: X-KDE-amaroK-authors          : (Max Howell,Mark Kretschmann)
> amarok: X-KDE-amaroK-rank             : 1
> amarok: X-KDE-amaroK-version          : 1
> amarok: X-KDE-amaroK-framework-version: 3
> amarok:

Hmmmmm..  What version of amaroK are you using?  The version that came with
Mandrake or the 1.2 beta

amaroK always firsts loads the void engine before it tries to load the real
output engine to make sure something is loaded.  My first thought is that you
uninstalled the libraries for the engine you were using, either libxine or
libgstreamer.  Very possible if you were installing and uninstalling other
audio apps.
--
/g