On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 11:39:39 +0000
Peter Watson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[snip]
> > are certainly NOT on the DVD I obtained commercially. The supplier
> > said quote " We simply download the iso and burn them for
> > distribution"
[snip]

> Yes I have many files missing from my download edition, but they are all
> on  the main mirrors so it's not much of a problem once you know to set
> up a main  source.

Thanks Peter, knew that, dun that :-)

Thing is I'm on dial-up here and the thought of downloading more than 1900
files for a total of around 2Gb is not a real option either. (yes, I do
know I don't need them all).

Nevertheless it's very frustrating to have to continnually go online to
obtain libraries and applications which you expect to be on a DVD which is
supposed to contain better than 3500 files if the the file-count on the
main repository is to be believed,

I have taken other steps to rectify my shortfall, I merely intended to see
if others on the list had encountered the same problem

Cheers

John