On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 19:27:33 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 11 Feb 2005 19:24, Ian wrote:

>> > How/where?
>>
>> Click forward, the attachments show at the bottom of the mail.....simply
>> hit delete. Well, it does here..........
>
> Ah, yes.  I've done that.  I thought the OP meant the ability to delete an
> attachment on stored messages.

In pine, whilst view the message, use ">" to view a list of all attachments.
Select and "D"elete the one(s) you wish.  _Then_ , backout to the message
body view and "S"ave the sucker into the same folder (or, some other - as
you wish).  You'll be warned that the saved message will not contain the
attachment(s).  "Y"es, you understand.  Bingo!  The message is saved anew,
and the old message -- the one you're viewing -- the one with the unwanted
attachment(s) -- is marked for "D"eletion.

Takes *WAY LONGER* in the telling than in the doing!

Jonesy