Derek Jennings wrote:
On Sunday 13 February 2005 20:37, Chuck MATTSEN wrote:
Hey, Derek ... I've also done as you suggest above in switching to udev,
but at boot I'm getting a lot of error messages reading:
        open /dev/fb0: No such file or directory

Is there something else that must be tweaked?  I've changed each instance
of devfs=mount to devfs=nomount, have run lilo -v, and have checked in
services running, where devfs is shown as not running, not to start at boot
and udev is shown as running, to start at boot ...

What am I missing here?  Log-in is now lightning fast in comparison, of
course, but still a long string of those errors during both boot and
shutdown. ...?

/dev/fb0 is the video frame buffer. That node is present on my system, but for some reason it is not being created on yours. Are you up to date with your updates?

Maybe it would help if you created it manually. Try putting
mknod /dev/fb0 c 29 0
at the end of /etc/rc.local

Hmmm. No effect, at least upon the boot-up error messages after doing so. I /did/ get some interesting visual effects at shutdown time, but other than that, no noticeable difference.

Thanks, will have to research it some more. It wouldn't appear to be critical, at least, as all seems normal otherwise.

--
Chuck MATTSEN / [EMAIL PROTECTED] / Mahnomen, MN
MT Lookup: http://eot.com/~mattsen/mtsearch.htm

Random Thought/Quote for this Message:
A fanatic is a person who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill