On Monday 14 February 2005 08:58, Gentoo Linux User wrote:
> i need to format a partition from xfs file system. pls help me to do it.
>
> partition /dev/hda9
>
> send me the syntex/command...

This is the newbie list, so I shall describe the GUI way of doing it.
Open MandrakeControl Centre>MountPoints>Partitions

You will see a graphic showing the partitions on your hard drive.
Select hda9 unmount it if it is mounted.
Delete the partition if it is already defined as another file system type.
Define it again using xfs as the file system type.
Press 'Format', select a new mount point for your partition, and select 'Done'

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org