Bambang A. B. Sarif wrote:

> I followed the instruction in the following web site:
> http://members.shaw.ca/mandrake/drakx/HTML/index.html
> However, the installation failed at the partitioning steps with
> error message:
> Oops, no root partition at
> /usr/bin/perl-install/install_steps.pm line 204
>
> I tried with auto_allocate => 1 (at 'partitioning') with the same
> result.
> Is there anything wrong with my auto_inst.cfg file? Because everything
> was fine if I did the installation with what I called semi-automatic
> installation (in which I load the list of packages from floppy and
> perform
> everything else manually).

Looking at your auto_inst.cfg, do you have enough room for the partitions
its trying to create? According to your file, its trying to make:
43G /
2G swap
2G /tmp
2G /var
10G /export/tools
total around 60 GB. Depending on your memory in the computer and what you
have planned, that's probably not a good partition scheme anyway. Anyway, I
would start there...looking at the size of the harddrive and what
partitions are trying to be created.
--
Anthony Brooks