Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

Tango Echo wrote:

Hi all,

After a bit of a break from the Linux world, I'd like
to start looking into real world implementations again
=).  So here's the senario at the moment.  I have an
old box I'd like use as an experemental intranet
server.  I installed Mandrake 10.1 w/Apache, ssh, ftp,
and webmin.  My goal is to have all three remote admin
methods available, and to allow certain users to
upload web updates via ftp.

Install went fine using the "Higher" security level. However, I am unable to ssh into the box even though
the service is running. A quick look into the
hosts.deny and it's set for ALL. Changes to this file
only seem to be reverted back thanks to msec. Is there an elegant way to enable ssh? Perhaps thru
webmin?

Thanks,

Tango

I am not sure is msec will allow it in "higher", but you could try using "sshd: ALL" is /etc/hosts.allow, or
"ALL EXCEPT sshd: ALL" in /etc/hosts.deny. You should be able to leave "ALL: ALL" in hosts.deny, as the first matching rule is used, and hosts.allow is checked before hosts.deny.

Mikkel

I would also offer that "man msec" can be his friend... on Mandrake...

--- [This E-mail was scanned for viruses]