While I agree that this is an important issue and that you are all on
the right side, I think that you cannot deny that talking about the
"EU-politburo" is FUD as well. Giving examples of patents on sandwiches,
one-click ordering systems or browser-plugins is not the way to go
either, however stupid these patents are.

In any case, I thought this mailing list was about installing and
configuring mandrakelinux for newbies.

If you think I'm wrong, you can safely ignore this message, I'm not in a
position to tell you what to talk about, and it doesn't bother me.