Hello
Thanks for response. Sorry for the confusion. I'll try again. When I boot the system the login menu shows user 1, user 2, user 3. Users 1or 2, my wife and I, get the following error messages when I log in to KDE under either user. Message 1: "Could not read network connection list. //.DCOPServer_localhost_0." Message 2: "Will not save configuration- Configuration file //.kde/share/config/ksplashrc not writable. Configuration file //.kde/share/config/kdeglobals not writable." Message 3: "No write access to $HOME directory-Kde is unable to start." I can log in to icewm but still have no access to any kde files. User 3 is the new one and login is ok. The file /Home now only lists user 3. The files /home/user1 or /home/user2 have been removed. Hope this is less confusing.
Thanks
John